If you have been online for any amount of time, you probably know the importance of building a list. But did you know that you can build your list simply by writing articles? Don’t believe me? Check out these statistics:
- Content marketing costs less than traditional, outbound marketing. Statistics show that content marketing costs 62% less per lead than outbound marketing. – http://www.blog.webserves.org/content-marketing/
- After 36 months, content marketing has generated 31 leads per $1,000 spent, more than three times as many as than the nine leads for paid search. – http://marketeer.kapost.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/Content-Marketing-Kapost-Eloqua-eBook.pdf
- Sixty-eight percent are likely to spend time reading content from a brand they are interested in. – http://www.the-cma.com/uploads/documents/cma-01.jpg
So apart from being highly effective, article marketing can cost less than traditional marketing. It is simple too.
How does Article Marketing Work?
Leveraging your viral marketing efforts on article marketing can be rewarding, if done right. In essence, you are actually proving value to your readers by demonstrating your industry expertise through the articles you write.
Simply write and submit your niche articles to popular article directories where publishers and readers who are looking for the information you provide.
So, how can article marketing effect build your mailing list?
The answer: the resource box you attach to your articles. In your resource box (also known as bio box), you include a brief introduction about yourself and your website, together with its URL.
Be sure to direct the resource box URL links to your mailing list’s landing page where you can get your visitor’s name and email address, which will in turn help you build your mailing list at no cost.
Article marketing directory publishers will republish your articles together with your resource box for their readers and subscribers. The wonderful result: viral marketing without effort on your part!
Top Article Marketing Tips
As with every other marketing method, there are certain article marketing best practices that you can follow to increase your success rate.
1. Provide Background: Your audience may not necessarily know everything about your industry or your business. Use article marketing as a tool to educate your audience, but don’t condescend!
2. Provide Quality Content: Remember, your audience will only read your content if it is informative, interesting and insightful. If it’s the same old boring content they can find everywhere else, they will dispel it, along with your marketing efforts. Show your authority throughout the article by providing psychological analogies, statistics, and references to non-competing websites that provide further evidence to state your case.
3. Provide a Call-to-Action: The internet has taught people to wait for instructions to act. Click here, enter there, copy that, paste this, type here… Use that to your advantage by giving your readers clear and friendly instructions in your calls-to-action. If you have written a fantastic free report like this, add “For your free copy of XYZ, click here” to your resource box.
Email Marketing Take-Away
Consistency is the key to article marketing success. Unless you are going to be consistent in creating articles, you might want to consider hiring a professional content creator to write your article marketing posts.